Contact

skype:jonas.galvez
jonasgalvez@gmail.com
(55) 17 997646924

Available for immediate start, working remotely from Brazil. I can adjust to any timezone and am used to pretty much all online collaboration tools.

I offer excellent availability and a competitive rate.

Experience

Since May 2017 I've been consulting as a full stack developer and project manager at STORED, planning and architecting new applications and providing general expert assistance to the group.

From late 2016 to mid-2017, I worked on a Koa and Vue project at Stratum Security. In 2015, I helped Reachsocket migrate to Google Cloud Platform, experimented with Kubernetes and also ported parts of a Meteor application to Go.

From 2007 to 2014, I served as a fullstack software engineer for crowdSPRING, Aupeo, Abril and LaterPay, inbetween dozens of other short term consulting projects.

I started my career as a Flash and ActionScript developer in 2001. I ended up publishing two books about it in Brazilian portuguese. One of them is suprisingly still available.

References

Cover Letter

I'm already employed as a senior consultant at STORED, where I spend 30% my available time. I'm looking for a second full-time position or consulting project to occupy the other 70%.

Despite an intermittently parallel career implementing HTML and CSS from Photoshop files, my primary programming language has always been Python – that is, until last year – because 2017 has been a year of JavaScript on the server.

My ideal role today is that of a Python and JavaScript enginner, QA engineer and technical writer. I take special interest in continuous integration and writing Selenium tests. My most memorable recent Python project was designing a Kubernetes-based API testing solution. I'm also the creator and maintainer of xmlwitch, a popular Pythonic XML generation library.

I'm extremely disciplined and strike a fine balance between my personal and work lives. Aside from consulting work, I've been actively contributing to the open source community, focusing on Vue, Nuxt and Weex related projects, and also on ContaGrama, an experimental interface for accessing nutritional data from the USDA food composition database.

You can find some articles I wrote on the index page.